Yamaha MX49 v2 Overview
The blue MX49 v2 from Yamaha is a forty-nine key music synthesizer that combines more than 1,000 MOTIF XS sounds, class-compliant USB Audio/MIDI connectivity, along with DAW control features and iOS integration. The sounds include instruments like acoustic piano, electric piano, strings, drums, as well as complex eight-element synthesizer sounds. Each voice can be customized and stored, including the on-board VCM (Virtual Circuit Modeling) effects, which are designed to simulate the effects found on vintage keyboards. A performance mode allows for combining voices on the keyboard using dedicated "split" and "layer buttons," handy for creating performances that simulate a whole band playing.
In addition to the tone generator and performance mode, the keyboard is a capable USB Audio and MIDI Interface. Connect a USB cable to a computer and monitor all the sounds from a DAW via the headphone output, or connect to external studio monitors. The audio interface is bi-directional which allows for recording the internal sounds of the keyboard directly to the computer. Connect an additional controller to the computer via the MIDI-in port, or use the keyboard to control other MIDI devices, such as hardware sequencers and groove boxes via the MIDI-out port.
Beyond the USB audio/MIDI port, the keyboard also has a USB to Device port for connecting USB devices for storing the internal data to external memory. WAV files can also be played back directly from a USB stick using this port. An auxiliary stereo mini jack is available for playing back audio from external audio devices like iPods. Additionally, the synthesizer features knobs and buttons for controlling internal sounds, DAW parameters, and VST instruments.
- Forty-nine key music synthesizer
- 1,000+ voices from the Yamaha MOTIF XS workstation keyboard
- Includes FM Essential, an iOS FM synthesizer app with effects, drum loops, and more
- Class-compliant USB Audio/MIDI for true "plug and play" connectivity without the need to install any drivers
- Motif Sound Engine - layer, zone, switch, cycle, randomize and control up to eight elements within a single voice
- Virtual Circuit Modeling recreates the sound and behavior of vintage effects and signal processors
- 128-note polyphony ensures dropout-free performance playing live or with full sixteen-track sequences
- Damper Resonance DSP recreates the sound of the inside of a grand piano when the dampers are off the strings
- Record/playback stereo audio and sixteen channels of MIDI data via a single USB cable without any external devices
- DAW Remote controls the transport, mixer, and software instruments directly from the front-panel controls
- The USB "TO DEVICE" port allows connection of USB flash drives for loading and storing data
- Stereo mini (3.5mm) auxiliary-line input allows for connecting and hearing mobile devices, tablets, and more through the instrument
- Auto power-off saves energy by shutting down after a period of inactivity