Yamaha DZR15 Overview
The black Yamaha DZR15 is a 2-way powered loudspeaker designed for main/FOH and floor monitor applications. The 2000W Class-D bi-amp powers the 15" woofer and 2" compression driver, which combine to provide a frequency range of 34 Hz to 20 kHz (-10 dB) with a maximum SPL of 139 dB. The rotatable horn allows for vertical or horizontal mounting to further adapt it to the acoustic dimensions of a venue. The constant directivity horn was designed with the goal of providing smooth, level coverage across the intended coverage area, minimizing roll-off that is common in conventional horn designs.
The on-board 96 kHz DSP processor utilizes Advanced FIR filters for the crossover network and corrective EQ. With the FIR filters, the DZR15 is able to produce a smooth frequency response for remarkable clarity and sound imaging without phase distortion. The onboard LCD screen allows users to easily navigate the variety of DSP functions, load presets, and adjust PEQ, delay, and routing. The D-CONTOUR is an intelligent multiband compressor that ensures the DZR15's sound stays consistent and clear no matter how hard you drive them. The FOH/Main mode boosts the lower frequencies to compensate for low end that is typically lost when flying speakers, while the Monitor mode is optimized for floor monitoring application by taming problematic low frequencies that can be enhanced by floor reflection, and smoothing a wide range of frequencies to deliver the clarity professionals demand from their stage monitors.
The rear panel offers two combo XLR-1/4" inputs with XLR thru/outputs and dedicated level controls. A USB port allows for system upgrades and preset configuration and backups. The Yamaha DZR15 ships with a standard IEC power cord.
- 2-way powered loudspeaker
- HF: 2"
- LF: 15"
- Ideal for FOH/Main or floor monitor applications
- Maximum SPL: 139 dB
- Frequency Range (-10 dB): 34 Hz to 20 kHz
- High-power 2000W Class-D amplifier module
- Floor monitoring setting enables mirroring configuration
- Lightweight yet very durable plywood cabinet with premium grade Polyurea coating
- Rotatable horn
- Variety of optional U-bracket options (UB-DZR) for rigging allow for very flexible setup and speaker placement
- Optional speaker cover available (SPCVR-DZR15)
Advanced FIR-X Tuning
- 96 kHz DSP processors help focus the power output of the DZR15 into high-resolution sound with super-low latency
- Yamaha's Advanced FIR-X tuning improves significantly on their proprietary FIR-X tuning technology which utilizes linear phase FIR filters for the crossover network and correct EQ
- Using FIR filters, Yamaha was able to realize very smooth frequency response for remarkable clarity and sound imaging without phase distortion
- Accurate EQ filtering is also provided for pinpoint adjustment to realize ideal clarity and SPL without signal degradation
- An onboard LCD screen allows users to easily navigate the variety of DSP functions, load presets, and make precise adjustments to PEQ, delay, and routing
- Store up to 8 user presets to save your own parameter adjustments, or use the optimized dedicated factory presets for using DZR and DXS XLF Series in combination
- Users can easily transfer saved settings to a USB flash drive
- D-CONTOUR is an intelligent multiband compressor that ensures your DZR's sound stays consistent and clear no matter how hard you drive them
- By constantly monitoring the output of multiple frequency bands and applying the optimum EQ adjustments for each, even the highest output levels maintain outstanding clarity and musicality
- D-CONTOUR provides settings for the FOH/Main and Monitor modes
- FOH/Main: Boosts the lower frequencies to compensate for low end that is typically missing when speakers are used in suspended applications
- Monitor: Optimized for floor monitoring application by taming down problematic low frequencies that can be enhanced by floor reflection, and smoothing a wide range of frequencies to help deliver clarity
- Presets were created by performing countless listening tests with skilled sound engineers to ensure consistent sound with low distortion at any output level
- DSP protection functions for maximum output and component longevity
- Active loudspeakers ensure the combination of transducers and amplifiers are matched and optimized for the best possible performance
- During development, Yamaha measured and tested the durability of each transducer and the overall amplifier output to set optimal limiter points using precise DSP control
- Employing many of the same protection functions used in high-end professional power amplifiers, Yamaha's DSP consistently monitors the status of the power supply, power amplifiers, transducers, and signal levels to protect each component in order to maintain optimum performance while extending component life and usability