Turbosound NUQ82-AN Overview
The white NuQ82-AN 600W 2-Way 8" Full-Range Powered Loudspeaker from Turbosound is ideally suited for a wide range of portable and fixed-installation speech-and-music sound-reinforcement applications. Designed to work individually without a controller, the NuQ82-AN Loudspeaker provides optimal performance for FOH, sidefill, and delay-line loudspeakers, and is an ideal choice for wedge monitoring applications. It also offers the flexibility to accommodate venue-specific requirements for install applications.
The NuQ82-AN Loudspeaker features an 8" low-frequency driver with a low-mass voice coil for improved transient response and an aluminum dome with 1" neodymium high-frequency compression driver, which is mounted on a rotatable 100 x 60° (horizontal x vertical) dispersion-converging elliptical waveguide. Output power for the NuQ82-AN Loudspeaker is provided by means of an efficient and lightweight KLARK TEKNIK 600W Class-D power amplifier. An easy-to-use KLARK TEKNIK Digital Signal Processor (DSP) provides dynamic EQ for impressive full-range response at low volume levels and transparent limiting for clarity at high-output levels as well as for long-term reliability.
On the rear panel of the amplifier module, the user interface’s LCD display and single rotary encoder provide intuitive access to position compensation, user EQ control, subwoofer integration, and signal-routing features. In addition to the balanced XLR input, an XLR output is provided for daisy-chaining more active loudspeakers or for use with active subwoofers. An onboard USB port provides access for remote control of the NuQ82-AN Loudspeaker via Windows computer, as well as DSP firmware updates.
ULTRANET connectivity is provided by two locking etherCON connectors. Up to 16 independent channels of 24-bit digital audio and control data are transmitted via a single Cat5 cable between compatible digital devices including mixers, input/output stage boxes, powered loudspeakers and personal monitoring systems. Simplified cable routing and ease of setup translate directly into significant time saved during installation.
Finished in a highly durable semi-matte black paint, the trapezoidal cabinet is constructed from 12mm birch plywood, and includes a rugged powder-coated perforated-steel mesh grille. Multiple threaded rigging points are provided for suspension in any orientation. The NuQ82-AN Loudspeaker also features a 35mm socket for standard pole mounting plus integrated handles for convenient transport. Mains-power input is provided via a Neutrik powerCON connector.
- 2-way full-range powered loudspeaker for portable PA applications
- 600W power featuring KLARK TEKNIK Class-D technology for total system control
- ULTRANET digital-audio networking connects to mixers and other sources
- 8" low-frequency driver with low-mass voice coil for improved transient response
- Aluminum dome with 1" neodymium motor compression driver
- Rotatable converging-elliptical waveguide provides 100 x 60° (H x V) dispersion
- Fully featured user interface with LCD display for ease of navigation
- Windows computer remote-control software downloadable
- 12mm birch-plywood enclosure with hard-wearing semi-matte black paint finish
- Rugged powder-coated perforated-steel mesh grille
- Integral 35mm pole mount and handles
- Multiple internal rigging points allow bracket mount and suspension in any orientation
- Mains input on Neutrik powerCON connector