Turbosound NUQ118B-AN Overview
The black NuQ118B-AN 3000W 18" Band-Pass Subwoofer with KLARK TEKNIK DSP Technology and ULTRANET Networking from Turbosound is a dual-ported band-pass enclosure optimally tuned for extended low-frequency response. Engineered to work in conjunction with Turbosound loudspeaker-management systems, the subwoofer offers high-output FOH performance and is ideally suited for a wide range of music and live sound-reinforcement applications.
The subwoofer features a powerful, double-suspension 18" low-frequency driver that utilizes a specialized inside/outside wound voice coil for higher magnetic density, better heat dissipation, high-power handling capacity, and improved efficiency. For its size and operating bandwidth, the unit delivers high output that is virtually distortion free, even in the most demanding applications.
Output power for the unit is provided by means of an efficient and lightweight KLARK TEKNIK 3,000W Class-D power amplifier. A sophisticated, but easy-to-use KLARK TEKNIK Digital Signal Processor (DSP) provides dynamic EQ for impressive low-frequency response at low volume levels and transparent limiting for clarity at high-output levels – and for long-term reliability.
On the rear panel of the amplifier module, the user interface’s LCD display and single rotary encoder provide intuitive access to: position compensation, user EQ control, crossover alignment and signal-routing features. In addition to the balanced XLR input, an XLR output is provided for daisy-chaining more active subwoofers or for use with active full-range satellite speakers. An onboard USB port provides access for remote control of the subwoofer via Windows computer, as well as DSP firmware updates.
ULTRANET connectivity is provided by two locking etherCON connectors. Up to 16 independent channels of 24-bit digital audio and control data are transmitted via a single CAT5 cable between compatible digital devices – including mixers, I/O stage boxes, powered loudspeakers and personal monitoring systems. Simplified cable routing and ease of setup translate directly into significant time saved during installation.
Finished in a highly durable semi-matte black paint, the cabinet is constructed from 3/4" (18 mm) birch plywood and includes: multiple M10 threaded rigging points; a 35mm pole socket for satellite-speaker mounting; integrated carry handles for convenient transport – and high-impact interlocking corners for ground-stacking stability. Mains-power input is provided via a Neutrik powerCON connector.
- 18" band-pass subwoofer for portable PA applications
- 3000W power featuring KLARK TEKNIK Class-D technology
- KLARK TEKNIK Digital Signal Processing for total system control
- ULTRANET digital audio networking connects to mixers and other sources
- Double-suspension 18" low-frequency driver with inside/outside wound coil
- Fully featured user interface with LCD display for ease of navigation
- Windows remote-control software downloadable on manufacturer website
- Low-distortion dual-port design for maximum sound-pressure level
- 3/4" (18mm) birch-plywood enclosure with hard-wearing semi-matte black paint finish
- Integral M10 rigging points for ease of installation
- 35mm pole mount to support satellite speaker
- Mains input on Neutrik powerCON connector
- Designed and engineered in England