Turbosound NUQ115B-AN Overview
The black NuQ115B-AN 3000W 15" Front-Loaded Subwoofer from Turbosound is a powered 15" subwoofer system that is ideally suited for a wide range of music and live sound-reinforcement applications. Designed to work individually without a controller, this subwoofer provides optimal FOH performance, as well as remarkable drum- and side-fill monitoring applications.
With a bass-reflex port design enclosure, the NuQ115B-AN Subwoofer features a high-power, double-suspension 15" low-frequency driver that utilizes a specialized inside/outside wound voice coil for higher magnetic density, heat dissipation, high power-handling capacity, and improved efficiency. The subwoofer provides fast and accurate transient response for virtually distortion-free operation.
Output power for the NuQ115B-AN Subwoofer is provided by means of an efficient and lightweight KLARK TEKNIK 3000W Class-D power amplifier. An easy-to-use KLARK TEKNIK Digital Signal Processor (DSP) provides dynamic EQ for low-frequency response at low volume levels and transparent limiting for clarity at high-output levels.
On the rear panel of the amplifier module, the user interface’s LCD display and single rotary encoder provide intuitive access to position compensation, user EQ control, crossover alignment, and signa-routing features. In addition to the balanced XLR input, an XLR output is provided for daisy-chaining more active subwoofers (sold separately), or for use with active full-range satellite speakers. An onboard USB port provides access for remote control of the NuQ115B-AN Subwoofer via Windows computer, as well as DSP firmware updates.
The ULTRANET connectivity is provided by two locking etherCON connectors. Up to 16 independent channels of 24-bit digital audio and control data are transmitted via a single Cat5 cable between compatible digital devices including mixers, I/O stage boxes, powered loudspeakers, and personal monitoring systems. Simplified cable routing and ease of setup save time during installation.
Finished in a durable semi-matte black paint, the NuQ115B-AN Subwoofer’s cabinet is constructed from 0.75" birch plywood. It includes a rugged powder-coated perforated-steel mesh grille backed with reticulated foam, multiple M10 threaded rigging points, a 35mm pole socket for satellite-speaker mounting, integrated carry handles for convenient transport, and high-impact interlocking corners for ground-stacking stability. The mains-power input is provided via a Neutrik powerCON connector.
- Front-loaded powered subwoofer for portable PA and installation applications
- 3000W power featuring KLARK TEKNIK Class-D technology
- KLARK TEKNIK Digital Signal Processing for total system control
- ULTRANET digital-audio networking connects to mixers and other sources
- Double-suspension 15" low-frequency driver with inside/outside wound coil
- Fully featured user interface with LCD display for easy navigation
- Windows remote control software downloadable
- Low-distortion bass reflex port design
- 0.75" birch-plywood enclosure with hard-wearing semi-matte black paint finish
- Integral M10 rigging points for ease of installation
- 35mm pole mount to support satellite speaker
- Mains input on Neutrik powerCON connector