TC Electronic Vortex Flanger Overview
The Vortex Flanger from tc electronic is a stompbox style flanger pedal offering 2 flange types - regular or tape, plus TonePrint. The pedal can create a classic flange effect, all the way to 747 taking off. The tape flange delivers zero-flange tape echo, made famous by many artists from the 60's.
The pedal's "through-zero" option provides the ability to get both a negative and a positive effect to the flange sound, while the other options allow for going from a classic tube-type flanger to a more soft sounding tape flanger. The knobs can set the speed of the modulation, but also the depth and the intensity.
TonePrint is a customizable setting that accepts set-ups created by many well known guitarists. Downloadable from a Mac or Windows computer via the supplied USB cable, TonePrint expands the versatility of the pedal dramatically. The settings are free and can be further modified using the control knobs.
Other features include an easy access battery hatch, true bypass, and an analog-dry-through which means that the original signal is unprocessed as it passes through the pedal.
- Stompbox style flanger pedal
- 2 flange types
- Wide range of sounds from classic rock rhythm to the roar of a 747 taking off
- TonePrint provides instant access to custom pedal-tweaks made by major artists
- Stereo in and out provides for added flexibility to any set-up
- True Bypass - zero tone loss
- Analog-Dry-Through delivers maximum tonal integrity and clarity
- Speed, Depth, Feedback and Delay-Time controls
- Kill dry function
- Easy battery access
- Small footprint saves pedal-board space
- High quality components
- Road-ready design