TC-Helicon VOICETONE H1 Overview
The TC Helicon VoiceTone H1 is a stompbox-style pedal allowing you to generate vocal harmonies on stage. The harmonies can either be controlled manually, or controlled by your guitar. Designed for stage use, the pedal boasts a single footswitch and three knobs, making the VoiceTone H1 relatively easy to use.
The Key Selector knob does just that—it selects among twelve keys for your vocal. You can also set it to Guitar, wherein the harmony engine takes its cue from your guitar playing. With the Voice Arrangement Selector knob, you can choose among harmonies pitched below your vocal, harmonies pitched above, close harmonies, or harmonies spread out across wider intervals. Finally, the Dry/Wet knob allows you to blend the exact amount of effected signal into the output, so you can set the harmony's level exactly as you'd like.
Your mic is routed through the pedal via the XLR input and output. For your guitar, a 1/4" signal path is provided. Route your guitar into the pedal, set the Key Selector appropriately, and the VoiceTone H1 will draw its harmonic information from your guitar playing. So, if you're playing an altered-dominant rather than a conventional 7th chord, you can expect some weird harmonies to follow your voice, which might be just what you'd like.
The pedal sports a clean, low-noise mic preamp that ensures a good sound onstage. Its metal chassis is built to be durable, and its USB port allows for firmware updates. A power supply is included.
- Single-button stompbox for guitar-controlled harmony
- Adds one or two voices of realistic vocal harmony set manually or guided by your guitar
- Simple 3-knob control for easy operation
- Low-noise mic preamp for pristine vocals onstage
- Allows chaining to other VOICETONE vocal processors or DITTO MIC LOOPER to expand creative possibilities
- Compatible with remote Mic Control using the TC Helicon MP-75 microphone
- Rugged, roadworthy construction
- Power supply included