The X1 A: It could be your first mic, but it's one you'll want to keep forever
- Large-diaphragm cardioid condenser microphone
- Upgraded capsule and overhauled electronics yield accuracy, dynamics, and well-balanced frequency response
- -20dB pad switch extends your dynamic range for capturing loud close-miked sources
- 100Hz highpass filter eliminates rumble and other unwanted low-frequency sounds
- 150dB of SPL handling tackles guitar cabs, brass instruments, drums, and other loud sources
- Gold-plated XLR connector ensures a solid, reliable connection
- Durable all-metal housing and premium finish
- Includes a rock-solid swivel mic clip and thread adapter that fits nearly any mic stand
sE Electronics hits another home run with the X1 A large-diaphragm cardioid condenser microphone. The X1 A's upgraded capsule sounds great. Accuracy, dynamics, well-balanced frequency response - they're all there. Overhauled electronics manifest unbelievable sonic performance, especially at this price. A -20dB pad switch extends your dynamic range; although, given the X1 A's excellent SPL handling, you may not need it very often. A 100Hz highpass filter eliminates rumble and other unwanted low-frequency sounds. A gold-plated XLR connector ensures that the sE Electronics X1 A large-diaphragm cardioid condenser microphone will maintain a solid, reliable connection for years to come.
When it was introduced in 2011, the X1 brought a new level of quality to its price point, competing easily with microphones costing several times as much. But that didn't stop sE from trying to outdo themselves again.
With a newly-developed condenser capsule and an exterior based on the rugged metal chassis of the X1, the X1 A offers first-class sound & specifications at an even better "home studio" cost, featuring an extremely natural frequency response, massive SPL-handling capabilities (150dB!), switchable attenuation and low-cut filters, and a perfectly balanced sensitivity level - so it's at home on absolutely any source
Unlike the cheaply constructed bodies of some other "entry-level" microphones, the X1 A's all-metal chassis provides efficient rejection of any electrical interference and noise - and the high-quality finish ensures a great look for years to come
- Eliminates the need for an external pop filter, and provides an extra layer of safety and security for the all-important capsule.
- The X1 A's new condenser capsule design is a work of art, delivering stellar sonic performance on any source with incredible speed, accuracy, and well-balanced frequency response.
- The electronics have also undergone a complete overhaul, and exhibit better specifications and sound - on and off the test bench - than any other microphone in its class.
- The -20 dB pad switch on the left provides extended dynamic range, enabling a wide range of applications and close-mic techniques for even the loudest instruments...think super-heavy electric guitars, fortissimo brass instruments, and heavy-footed kick drums.
- On the right, the 100 Hz low-cut switch helps eliminate low-frequency rumble or footfall noise, and compensates for excessive bass with close-mic techniques (proximity effect).
- Ensures loss-free, reliable signal connection for years and years and years and...
- The X1 A comes complete with a rock-solid, newly designed swivel mic clip and thread adapter to fit with any mic stand.
- If you need additional rumble control, the X1 A integrates perfectly with sE's Isolation Pack, as well as the Reflexion Filter X - recommended for an instant pro vocal recording setup for your home studio.
- Capsule Type: 2/3" Permanently-Biased Condenser
- Directional Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Impedance: <50 Ohms
- Sensitivity: 20 mV/Pa (-34 dB)
- Max SPL: 130 / 150 dB (0 / 20 dB pad, (0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 78 dB(A)
- Equivalent Noise Level: 16 dB(A)
- Dynamic Range: 114 / 134 dB (0 / 20 dB pad)
- Low Cut Filter: 100 Hz, 6 dB/oct, switchable
- Attenuation Pad: 20 dB, switchable
- Connectivity: 3-pin male XLR
- Power requirement: 48V phantom according to IEC 61938
- Recommended Load Impedance: >1K Ohms
- Current Consumption: 4.0 mA
- Diameter: 58 mm (2.28 in.) x Length: 169 mm (6.65 in.)
- Weight: 390 g / 13.8 oz