The Songmaker Kit gives you everything you need to create your track anywhere.
- Create Tracks Anywhere
- Customizable Modular System
- 24 Keywave Seaboard Block
- Illuminated Lightpad M Playing Surface
Combine the expressive power of the Seaboard Block, Lightpad Block M, and Loop Block, and make your music with a kit that's more than the sum of its parts.
The Roli Songmaker Kit combines the Seaboard Block, Lightpad M, and Loop Block with a Snapcase 3/8, giving you everything you need to create tracks anywhere. This complete studio package is modular and can be configured in a variety of ways to suit your needs.
The expansive software suite includes Equator, Roli's premium software synthesizer that is custom-made for MIDI polyphonic expression and NOISE, a free iOS / Google Pixel app offering hundreds of sounds. Additional software titles included Strobe2 Player, Ableton Live Lite, Tracktion Waveform, Blocks Dashboard, and Max MSP. The Roli Songmaker Kit also includes two USB-C to USB-A cables.
The Seaboard Block from ROLI is a portable keyboard controller and open-ended interactive surface designed to provide versatile and expressive instrument control gestures for electronic musicians, keyboardists, composers, and music producers. It includes a suite of software and hundreds of sounds.
It features ROLI’s award-winning Seaboard interface as a 24-keywave, two-octave playing surface. 5D Touch technology provides response to five types of interaction: Strike, Glide, Slide, Press, and Lift. Control hundreds of sounds in the supplied apps, NOISE and Equator Player. The BLOCKS Dashboard program enables you to use the Seaboard Block as a MIDI controller for other applications, such as Ableton Live and Logic Pro X. It transmits MIDI over USB and Bluetooth, allowing it to be used with computers, tablets, or smartphones.
Expand your system by connecting the Seaboard Block to other ROLI BLOCKS via magnetic DNA connectors. The built-in battery provides up to 10 hours of operating time, or use the included USB cable to power the controller via USB.
- Award-winning Seaboard interface with a 24-keywave, two-octave playing surface
- 5D Touch technology provides expressive control gestures: Strike, Glide, Slide, Press, and Lift
- MIDI over USB and Bluetooth
- Magnetically connects to other BLOCKS via DNA connectors
- Includes NOISE and Equator Player apps, providing hundreds of sounds
- Includes BLOCKS Dashboard program for control capabilities in other software
- Three-month Max MSP license included
- Powered via built-in battery or USB
Lightoad Block M:
The Lightpad Block M is part of the Roli Block system and features a tactile surface that enables the user to shape sounds through five dimensions of touch including strike, glide, slide, press, and lift. It builds sequencing, looping, finger drumming, and expressive control into one intuitive device.
It is made up of 225 LEDs arranged in a 15x15 matrix and features a semi-soft, smooth, texture with undulating microkeywaves, allowing for multidimensional performances. The fixed configuration of the pads is defined by Noise, the free iOS app, and can be configured in three modes including 2x2, 4x4, and 5x5.
The Lightpad Block M is designed to integrate with the Touch Blocks (included in this kit), and the optional Live and Loop Blocks, which provide tactile control over the most frequently used functions for quick and easy performance. The Live Block allows for switching scales and octaves, playing chords and arpeggios, and sustaining notes, while the Loop Block offers control for capturing loops, layering sounds, tempo, quantization, and more. The Touch Block provides expression control, allowing you to turn up or down the responsiveness of the Lightpad Block M's strike, glide, slide, press, and lift dimensions of touch.
- Small enough to fit in the palm of your hand, the Lightpad Block packs more power than a roomful of instruments
- When paired with the NOISE app, you can make any kind of music - drum beats, guitar leads, orchestral melodies
- Approachable and easy to learn. Express the music inside of you, whether you play an instrument or not
- Enjoy the interaction of touch, sound, and light
- The silicone surface is pressure-responsive, and you shape sound by striking the surface, pressing into it, and moving your fingers around it
- The LED-illuminated surface glows, and each touch leaves a trace of light. Colorful grids guide you to make different kinds of music
Roli Loop Block:
The Loop Block from Roli adds a number of performance controls to the Blocks modular music performance system and is designed to be used in conjunction with the Lightpad Block. The Loop Block puts the most frequently used functions for control in immediate reach including dedicated buttons for mode, volume, click/tempo, snap, undo, play/recording loops, and learn. The unit's rechargeable battery offers up to four hours of use and is charged via the magnetic DNA connector on the Lightpad Block. The Loop Block can be used wirelessly via Bluetooth up to 15m.
Loop Blocks are for producing and put studio techniques for recording and editing at your fingertips. Buttons help you record a loop, or sequence and play it back. Set tempo and quantize your performance to keep everything running in time:
- Click: Turns metronome on/off and sets the tempo
- Snap: Quantize recorded notes and loops to keep everything in time
- Undo: Reverts one step back to the previous value
- Play: Starts or stops playback of all selected loops in Song View
- Rec: Record a loop
- Learn: Activate demos that teach you how to interact with each sound
The ROLI Snapcase Songmaker Kit is a stylish and functional case designed to protect the Seaboard Block, Lightpad Block M and the Loop Block against accidental drops, dust, and spills. Lightweight and durable, it lets you safely transport and store your Songmaker Kit anywhere you go to make music.
The Snapcase features a flexible and foldable cover, custom-designed to shield the Lightpad's silicon surface. It magnetically attaches and acts as a chassis and base, providing you with extra stability, whether playing with the Roli Blocks on your knees, the kitchen counter, or other surfaces.
- Protects a Seaboard Block, Lightpad Block M and Loop Block against accidental drops, dust, and spills
- Stylish and lightweight – lets you safely transport and store your Beatmaker Kit anywhere you make music
- Acts as chassis and base, adding stability to your setup when playing on the go
- Durable case made from premium material with flexible and foldable cover – attaches magnetically