One dynamic surface you can play beats, basslines, chords, and melodies on
- Illuminated Tactile Surface
- Versatile "Space-Age" Touch Controller
- Grid Modes: 2x2, 4x4 & 5x5
- Five Dimensions of Touch (5D Touch)
Make music on a smooth, illuminated surface that fits in the palm of your hand. Play beats. Shape melodies. Control sound just by touching the super-sensitive surface of a next-generation MIDI controller.
The Lightpad Block M is part of the Roli Block system and features a tactile surface that enables the user to shape sounds through five dimensions of touch including strike, glide, slide, press, and lift. It builds sequencing, looping, finger drumming, and expressive control into one intuitive device.
Custom-designed to be the most powerful music-making device to fit in a pocket, the sensors underneath the pliable surface are finely calibrated so you can play with precision. Undulating “microkeywaves” provide additional tactile feedback. High-definition colors light up the surface, so you can move quickly between notes, instruments, and scales.
It is made up of 225 LEDs arranged in a 15x15 matrix and features a semi-soft, smooth, texture with undulating microkeywaves, allowing for multidimensional performances. The fixed configuration of the pads is defined by Noise, the free iOS app, and can be configured in three modes including 2x2, 4x4, and 5x5.
Lightpad M pairs with desktop and mobile sound engines that include hundreds of high-resolution sounds ranging from strings to drums. They’re all custom-made for MIDI Polyphonic Expression (MPE) on the Lightpad Block’s unique surface. Explore soundpacks from sound designers and renowned artists like Pharrell, Grimes, and RZA.
Lay down blazing funk solos or mellow jazz vibes with the extraordinarily expressive sounds of SWAM Saxophones. Get riffing on a selection of realistic alto, baritone, soprano and tenor sax instruments, all from the masters at Audio Modeling.
The Lightpad Block M is designed to integrate with the Touch, Live and Loop Blocks which provide tactile control over the most frequently used functions for quick and easy performance. The Live Block allows for switching scales and octaves, playing chords and arpeggios, and sustaining notes, while the Loop Block offers control for capturing loops, layering sounds, tempo, quantization, and more. The Touch Block provides expression control, allowing you to turn up or down the responsiveness of the Lightpad Block M's strike, glide, slide, press, and lift dimensions of touch.
- Small enough to fit in the palm of your hand, the Lightpad Block packs more power than a roomful of instruments
- When paired with the NOISE app, you can make any kind of music - drum beats, guitar leads, orchestral melodies
- Approachable and easy to learn. Express the music inside of you, whether you play an instrument or not
- Enjoy the interaction of touch, sound, and light
- The silicone surface is pressure-responsive, and you shape sound by striking the surface, pressing into it, and moving your fingers around it
- The LED-illuminated surface glows, and each touch leaves a trace of light. Colorful grids guide you to make different kinds of music
Every Lightpad Block comes with a suite of high-powered music production programs. There’s something for everyone — from beginners to pros:
- ROLI Studio Player: Access the world's largest library of MPE sounds in ROLI Studio Player, a versatile plug-in that integrates seamlessly with your BLOCKS.
- NOISE for iOS: Sketch your musical ideas and start building tracks with NOISE, a free app that includes hundreds of sounds.
- Ableton Live Lite: Turn the Lightpad Block into a portable controller for Ableton Live Lite, the renowned digital audio workstation (DAW). Through a customized integration you can play instruments, create tracks and launch within Ableton Live with the Lightpad surface.
- ROLI Dashboard: Control Digital Audio Workstations (DAWs) and desktop software programs with ROLI Dashboard. Plug Lightpad Block into your workflow, customize your surface, and use your Block as a controller for Ableton Live, Logic Pro X and many more.
- Max MSP: Push the limits of musical creativity with Max MSP, an open-ended environment for plug-in development.