Everything you need to create beats and tracks anywhere.
- Create Tracks Anywhere
- Illuminated Lightpad M Playing Surface
- Loop Block for Production Control
- Expansive Software Suite with NOISE
Beatmaker Kit combines the Roli Lightpad M and Loop Block, giving you everything you need to take your beats to the next level, whether you’re making your first track or honing your technique. Learn finger drumming skills, play with hundreds of expressive sounds, and complete your track with a suite of software. It’s an all-in-one package for making beats, wherever your musical ideas strike.
Beatmaker Kit travels with you wherever you want to make music. Wireless, lightweight and with a surface the size of a postcard, it empowers you to create tracks anywhere. Connect your Beatmaker Kit to the NOISE iOS app for a completely mobile music experience. Even when you connect to desktop software, you can still fit your Kit in a backpack with a laptop computer.
Edit and complete your track with powerful production software. Beatmaker Kit comes with a custom version of Ableton Live Lite, and it's also compatible with a huge range of other digital audio workstations (DAWs) including GarageBand. The Loop Block gives you shortcuts to useful production techniques, so you can build your tracks even faster. Record loops, play them back, set your tempo and more.
- Learn to finger drum with a 6-month Melodics subscription
- Play on a touch-responsive Lightpad Block surface
- Produce tracks faster with the Loop Block
- Travel anywhere with a wireless and portable setup
- Explore hundreds of expressive sounds
- Complete your tracks with a high-powered software suite, including Ableton Live Lite
- Change the LED Lightpad surface for different notes and scales
- Customize your modular system
Lightoad Block M:
The Lightpad Block M is part of the Roli Block system and features a tactile surface that enables the user to shape sounds through five dimensions of touch including strike, glide, slide, press, and lift. It builds sequencing, looping, finger drumming, and expressive control into one intuitive device.
It is made up of 225 LEDs arranged in a 15x15 matrix and features a semi-soft, smooth, texture with undulating microkeywaves, allowing for multidimensional performances. The fixed configuration of the pads is defined by Noise, the free iOS app, and can be configured in three modes including 2x2, 4x4, and 5x5.
The Lightpad Block M is designed to integrate with the Touch Blocks (included in this kit), and the optional Live and Loop Blocks, which provide tactile control over the most frequently used functions for quick and easy performance. The Live Block allows for switching scales and octaves, playing chords and arpeggios, and sustaining notes, while the Loop Block offers control for capturing loops, layering sounds, tempo, quantization, and more. The Touch Block provides expression control, allowing you to turn up or down the responsiveness of the Lightpad Block M's strike, glide, slide, press, and lift dimensions of touch.
- Small enough to fit in the palm of your hand, the Lightpad Block packs more power than a roomful of instruments
- When paired with the NOISE app, you can make any kind of music - drum beats, guitar leads, orchestral melodies
- Approachable and easy to learn. Express the music inside of you, whether you play an instrument or not
- Enjoy the interaction of touch, sound, and light
- The silicone surface is pressure-responsive, and you shape sound by striking the surface, pressing into it, and moving your fingers around it
- The LED-illuminated surface glows, and each touch leaves a trace of light. Colorful grids guide you to make different kinds of music
Roli Loop Block:
The Loop Block from Roli adds a number of performance controls to the Blocks modular music performance system and is designed to be used in conjunction with the Lightpad Block. The Loop Block puts the most frequently used functions for control in immediate reach including dedicated buttons for mode, volume, click/tempo, snap, undo, play/recording loops, and learn. The unit's rechargeable battery offers up to four hours of use and is charged via the magnetic DNA connector on the Lightpad Block. The Loop Block can be used wirelessly via Bluetooth up to 15m.
Loop Blocks are for producing and put studio techniques for recording and editing at your fingertips. Buttons help you record a loop, or sequence and play it back. Set tempo and quantize your performance to keep everything running in time:
- Click: Turns metronome on/off and sets the tempo
- Snap: Quantize recorded notes and loops to keep everything in time
- Undo: Reverts one step back to the previous value
- Play: Starts or stops playback of all selected loops in Song View
- Rec: Record a loop
- Learn: Activate demos that teach you how to interact with each sound
Optional Snapcase 3/2 Protective Case
The ROLI Snapcase 3/2 for Beatmaker Kit is a stylish and functional case designed to protect the Lightpad Block M and the Loop Block against accidental drops, dust, and spills. Lightweight (3.5 oz) and durable, it lets you safely transport and store your Beatmaker Kit anywhere you go to make music.
The Snapcase 3/2 features a flexible and foldable cover, custom-designed to shield the Lightpad's silicon surface. It magnetically attaches and acts as a chassis and base, providing you with extra stability, whether playing with the Roli Blocks on your knees, the kitchen counter, or other surfaces.
- Protects a Lightpad Block M and Loop Block against accidental drops, dust, and spills
- Stylish and lightweight – lets you safely transport and store your Beatmaker Kit anywhere you make music
- Acts as chassis and base, adding stability to your setup when playing on the go
- Durable case made from premium material with flexible and foldable cover – attaches magnetically