The SPD-SX Sampling Pad by Rolandallows you to easily sample, capture, assign and play drum sounds and audio phrases on nine velocity sensitive drum pads. Each pad has a dedicated LED indicator that shows pad status and audio-level activity during performance. Ideal for home, studio or stage the SPD-SX has high-contrast red divider lines which help you see each pad zone clearly both onstage and in dimly lit environments.
Equipped with 2GB of internal memory and a selection of pre-loaded sounds, the SPD-SX holds approximately six hours of samples - plenty of space to carry most sample libraries. However, if you've managed to compile a library the size of Timbaland's no need to worry; the SPD-SX was made with expansion in mind. Load and play samples directly from its built-in USB ports which support flash memory and mass storage drives along with USB MIDI/Audio transfer. Also, the included SPD-SX Wave Manager software allows you to connect a computer to import audio files, assign samples to any pad and organize them for easy access. To capture an audio sample from an external audio source, simply connect it to the SPD-SX; hit once to start the sample and again where you want it to end. It's just that simple.
Once your samples have been loaded and are ready to be played, you can then start to manipulate them with three onboard multi-effects units controlled by four dedicated effect buttons and two real-time control knobs. The SPD-SX has twenty-one master effects including filter, delay and short looper as well as a built-in equalizer. Dial up these effects and access all pertinent information on the high contrast backlit LCD which provides easy-to-read data in most any environment.
Drummers today are finding an ever increasing need to incorporate electronic sounds and audio samples into their performance. The SPD-SX enables them to do this while providing essential pro features such as individual click output routing, dedicated volume controls, Pad Check function, individual Sub Out and more.
Not only is the SPD-SX packed with all the above features, it also includes multiple I/O options sure to accommodate most any application. The master out section includes two 1/4" outputs for connection to mixers and amplifiers and one 1/4" headphone jack. The input section includes two 1/4" left and right stereo/mono connectors with line and mic gain as well as a foot switch input for connecting a kick trigger and various other pedals. Also, two dual-trigger inputs allow you to expand the playing field by connecting external pads or acoustic drum triggers in addition to the nine pads on the SPD-SX. Not only can you expand the playing field, you can also access a limitless sound library with external sound modules via MIDI In and Out while also using the SPD-SX to control any MIDI compatible device or instrument.
- Sample, capture, assign and play drum sounds and audio phrases on nine velocity sensitive drum pads
- Easy capturing and assignment of sounds and audio phrases through Multi-Pad Sampling
- Dedicated LED indicators show pad status and audio-level activity during performance
- High-contrast red divider lines help you see each pad zone clearly onstage and in dimly lit environments
- Internal memory holds approximately six hours of mono samples, three hours stereo
- Built-in USB ports support flash memory, mass storage and USB MIDI/Audio data transfer
- Included SPD-SX Wave Manager software allows you to import, assign and organize samples
- Three onboard multi-effects units with four dedicated effect buttons and two real-time control knobs
- Twenty-one master effects including filter, delay, short looper and built-in EQ
- High contrast backlit LCD provides easy-to-read data in most any environment
- Individual click output routing with dedicated volume control, Pad Check function and Sub Out
- Two 1/4" outputs for connection to mixers and amplifiers and one 1/4" headphone jack
- Two 1/4" left and right stereo/mono inputs with line and mic gain
- Foot switch input for connecting a kick trigger and various other pedals
- Two dual-trigger inputs allow connection of external drum pads or acoustic drum triggers
- MIDI I/O allows connection of external sound modules for access to limitless sounds and control