The OCTAPAD SPD-30 from Roland is a digital percussion instrument with built-in sounds and effects, a phrase looping functionality, and the ability to control external MIDI devices and software instruments via USB connectivity. It has 8 isolated drum pads that utilize Roland's advanced V-Drum technology, and the ability to expand with inputs for four pads, triggers, and pedals.
The internal sounds offer you 50 different drum kits covering a wide range of percussion styles. There are a total of 670 instruments, with a massive 80 note polyphony. The phase looping functionality allows you to create and layer up to 3 loops, using 3 different drum sets. You can assign multiple drum sounds to each pad to create deep and complex sounds. Synthesizers, basses, and other instruments and samples are included in the internal sounds, so you can really build up entire songs.
The SPD-30 also can control traditional sound modules and other instruments with its MIDI I/O interface. It can also be connected to a computer via USB to control software-based instruments. An additional USB port is included to back-up your work. The four extra trigger inputs include a dedicated hi-hat controller, so the OCTAPAD SPD-30 can be used as a full drum kit. Drummers can also put Roland's RT series triggers on their acoustic drum heads and blur the line between their electronic and acoustic kits.
- Includes percussion sounds from around the world, plus 30 types of multi-effects
- The latest pad-sensing technology developed for V-Drums provides even and accurate pad triggering with excellent isolation between pads
- Four dual-trigger inputs, plus hi-hat controller for adding pads to create a mini kit, or for connecting triggers from acoustic drums
- Phrase Loop function inspires your creativity - record your playing in real time and overdub up to three layers
- USB connectivity for MIDI and memory storage
- Large backlit LCD and pad indicator lights for easy operation in low-light conditions
- Rugged, road-worthy design