The Mackie MDB-USB is a USB-powered stereo DAC direct box designed to connect stereo a signal from USB to microphone preamps for DJs, producers, musicians, and audio engineers in recording sessions, clubs, houses of worship, and live stage applications. It converts a stereo digital audio feed at up to 24-bit/96 kHz resolution via a USB 2.0 Type-B input to low-impedance, mic-level analog outputs via two balanced XLR 3-pin jacks. A 3.5mm headphone output is provided for easy monitoring.
Optimize your gain stage using the level knob, which adjusts the output volume at the XLR and 3.5mm jacks. The mono on/off switch enables operation of the MDB-USB in stereo or mono. Its ground-lift switch inhibits hum caused by ground loops. A sturdy steel chassis enables confident use in the studio or on the road.
The MDB-USB features a download for ProTools | First and The Musician's Collection plug-in package including 23 high-quality plugins with BBD Delay, Level Lite, 304E EQ, and 304C Compressor. To authorize the software, simply input the mixer's serial number on the website.
- Connect the USB output from a stereo mixer, audio interface, or computer to microphone preamps
- Converts stereo digital signal from a USB connection to low-impedance, balanced XLR mic-level analog outputs
- USB 2.0 Type-B female input
- Two XLR 3-pin balanced outputs
- 3.5mm stereo headphone output
- Supports up to 24-bit / 96 kHz resolution
- Mono switch allows easy sum-to-mono functionality
- Ground-lift switch minimizes hum
- Level knob controls overall volume to the XLR and 3.5mm output jacks
- Powered via USB connection