2-Way, 150W Bi-Amplified Powered 8" Studio Reference Monitors
- Bi-amplified design with 150 watts (80 LF, 70 HF) for powerful, accurate sound
- 8” Kevlar low-frequency driver with high-temp voice coil and damped rubber surround
- 1.25” natural silk dome tweeter delivers superb transient details
- Computer-optimized tweeter waveguide for precise imaging
- Acoustic Space Control to fine-tune low-end response to your room
- Optimized rear port for extended low-frequency response
- XLR balanced and 1/4” balanced/unbalanced inputs for connecting audio interfaces, mixers, synthesizers, DJ gear, and more
- Volume control enables you to dial in the perfect monitor playback level
- Wide range 37-22kHz frequency response covers full musical spectrum
The BX8 D3 from M-Audio is a 2-way, 150W powered studio monitor designed to offer a wide frequency response and easy configuration for mixers, DJs, producers, and recordists in small to medium control rooms, personal studios, and mobile rigs. The monitor produces a frequency response of 37 Hz to 22 kHz, thanks to two Class A/B amplifiers feeding an 8” Kevlar woofer and a 1.25” silk dome tweeter.
A rear-mounted bass port delivers extended bass response, while the tweeter’s custom waveguide yields a wide sweet spot and minimized high-frequency scatter. Volume and low-frequency controls are provided so you can tune the monitor to cooperate with the sound of the room. Place the monitor on the supplied acoustic foam pad to decouple it from your table or stands, which aids in reducing unwanted bass vibrations.
The BX8 D3 can interface with a variety of equipment, via balanced XLR and balanced/unbalanced 1/4” TRS input jacks. Setup is simple, due to the front-mounted LED, which appears brighter when you are at the ideal angle.