Ibanez RGDIR7M-LBM in Laser Blue Matte
Ibanez builds guitars for all levels of players - from beginners to the most demanding masters of the instrument. Regardless of price, Ibanez always strives to offer the absolute best sound, style, and playability in its class.
With the growing popularity of the Iron Label series, Ibanez continues to tap the seismic underworld for inspiration. Working their famous RGD body shape from the “chassis” up, the RGDIR7M is a stunning creation of unique beauty that adds a new dimension to the brand’s no-frills “made-for-metal” lineup.
The RGDIR7M features a beveled mahogany body and a stunning Birdseye Maple fretboard. The fretboard also features luminescent side-dot inlays to provide a clear point of reference when playing at darker venues. The DiMarzio Fusion Edge pickups, which were the result of a direct collaboration between DiMarzio and Ibanez, provide great clarity and a very smooth response, satisfying the current demands of players in today’s progressive metal scene.
The 26.5” scale length of the RGD line enables rich, thick tone when down-tuning, but still remains extremely playable for highly technical riffs and runs. Extra-deep cutaways grant comfortable access to the neck’s highest notes.
With the combination of the Gibraltar Standard II bridge and Gotoh locking tuners, the RGD Iron Label is a perfect choice for the metal player looking for a more modern guitar that features the ultimate in both sound and playability.
- Mahogany body
- Nitro Wizard 3-piece Maple/Purpleheart neck, 26.5” scale, Birdseye Maple fretboard, Jumbo frets
- 2 DiMarzio Fusion Edge humbucking pickups
- Edge-Zero II bridge, Gotoh MG-T locking machine heads, Black Hardware
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood:
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: Satin
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Wizard
- Neck wood: Maple
- Joint: Bolt-on
- Scale length: 26.5 in.
- Truss rod:
- Neck finish: Satin
- Material: Maple
- Radius: Compound
- Fret size: Jumbo
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Side position markers
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: DiMarzio Fusion Edge (H) neck pickup (Passive/Ceramic)
- Bridge: DiMarzio Fusion Edge (H) bridge pickup (Passive/Ceramic)
- Brand: DiMarzio
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Not applicable
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: 5-way
- Coil tap or split:
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: Gilbralter
- Tuning machines: Gotoh locking
- Color: Black
- Number of strings: 7-string
- Special features:
- Case: Gig bag
- Country of origin: Japan