Ibanez AZ242 in Sea Foam Green Matte:
Ibanez has decades of accumulated knowledge and has been at the forefront of the evolution of guitar-making for a long time. From A to Z, the AZ series carries with it all of the hallmarks of these tried and tested Ibanez qualities: the smooth oval neck grip, the well-balanced asymmetrical body shape, and a neck heel that allows unrivalled playability. The AZ series represents the future of guitar playing. With the Ibanez AZ Series, achieve your zenith.
The AZ242 features an American Basswood body. The AZ242's ergonomic back body contour and big forearm contour makes lets the guitar's body fit the player naturally, thus increasing playing comfort. The AZ body has a deep waist and different radii on each body edge curve, making it easier to play in both standing or sitting positions.
The AZ Roasted Maple neck was heat-treated to increase the wood's stability, durability, water resistance and tolerance of temperature changes. The Roasted Maple fretboard was also heat-treated to help it provide a well-balanced note attack and tone with rich sustain. In order to achieve the ultimate neck grip comfort, the fretboard edge was finished with a smooth curve.
The Super All Access Neck Joint increases playability and eases access to the highest frets. Stainless steel frets boast excellent corrosion resistance and the wide and tall fret-type offers a quick response and good articulation when playing chords and a clear tone while playing single notes. The AZ242 is equipped with luminescent side dot position marks, making it easy for players to see fretboard position marks while performing on dark stages.
Seymour Duncan Hyperion pickups feature a moderate output through Alnico-5 magnets, which retain the clarity of the fundamental tone when using a distorted sound and deliver a clear pick attack. The Dyna-MIX 10 offers ten sound variations. The Power Tap mode provides a realistic single coil sound despite its two humbucker pickup layout.
The T1502 tremolo bridge, developed in collaboration with Gotoh, features steel saddles for a quick response and improved articulation. The 10.5mm string spacing allows for easy picking across strings, enabling techniques such as string skipping and hybrid picking. The AZ242 features Gotoh MG-T locking machine heads, which have an established reputation for tuning stability. Gig bag included.
- American basswood body exhibits a warm growl with incredible midrange definition
- Seymour Duncan Hyperion humbuckers preserve your clarity in high-gain situations
- dyna-MIX10 switching system provides 10 different pickup combinations
- Roasted maple neck and fingerboard offer stability and durability
- 24 stainless steel frets for extra durability
- AZ oval "C' neck profile fills your hand nicely down low while providing a more modern feel up high
- Luminescent side dots give you a great point of reference on dark stages
- Gotoh T1502 tremolo provides excellent tuning stability
- Body Type: Solidbody
- Body Shape: Premium AZ
- Left-/Right-handed: Right-handed
- Number of Strings: 6
- Body Material: American Basswood
- Body Finish: Satin Polyurethane
- Color: Sea Foam Green
- Neck Material: Roasted Maple
- Neck Shape: AZ Oval C
- Radius: 12"
- Fingerboard Material: Roasted Maple
- Fingerboard Inlay: Black Dots
- Number of Frets: 24, Jumbo
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Nut Width: 1.653"
- Nut Material: GraphTech
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Gotoh T1502 Tremolo
- Tuners: Gotoh MG-T Locking Machine Heads
- Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan Hyperion Humbucker
- Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan Hyperion Humbucker
- Controls: 1 x master volume, 1 x master tone, 1 x dyna-MIX10 swith, 5-way blade pickup switch Strings: .010-.046
- Case Included: Gig Bag