Behringer XM8500 Overview
The Behringer Ultravoice XM8500 is a handheld cardioid dynamic microphone offering high-feedback immunity and voice-tailored sound for vocals, speech, and instruments in studios, houses of worship, corporate events, and live stage applications. The element features a dynamic moving coil, which requires no external power. Its cardioid polar pattern attenuates off-axis noise caused by sources such as monitors, additional instruments, and room ambience, allowing high gain before feedback.
The Ultravoice XM8500 produces a frequency response of 50 Hz to 15 kHz with a high-frequency boost for increased vocal presence. Its dynamic capsule provides a high-output level and utilizes a shock-isolation system to reduce handling noise. Plosives and wind noise are minimized via the integrated two-stage pop filter. The gold-plated XLR 3-pin output ensures compatibility with most microphone preamps and mixer inputs, and the metal body with a steel grille provides road-ready protection and durability. The Ultravoice XM8500 ships with a mic stand adapter and an impact-resistant carrying case.
- Dynamic microphone with smooth midrange presence rise for enhanced vocal projection
- Internal shock-isolation system to reduce handling noise
- Cardioid polar pattern minimizes background noise and feedback
- High-level balanced output
- Two-stage pop filter minimizes breath and pop noises, and protects the capsule against moisture
- Rugged, reliable metal construction and sturdy steel windscreen
- Microphone stand adapter included