Behringer DI100 Overview
The ULTRA DI DI100 is an active, phantom powered direct box. Unlike a passive DI where the frequency response of the signal can be altered depending on the connected impedance, an active DI buffers the input signal with an amplifier. This assures that the sound source will reach the mixer balanced and noise-free.
The input-buffering amplifier also ensures clean, pure and powerful sound when using extremely long cables. The ULTRA DI DI100features Behringer's OT-1 output transformer and the unit will also easily deal with a guitar amplifier's speaker output, handling up to 3,000 Watts. The DI can be powered either from the phantom power of a mixer or by using a 9V battery.
- Active direct box
- Internal battery automatically shut off when phantom power is connected
- Direct connection of amplifier outputs with ratings of up to 3,000 Watts
- Switchable input attenuation allows input levels of up to +50 dB
- Ground lift switch eliminates typical ground loop problems
- Rugged, road-proof aluminum case