The history of modern music is intrinsically linked to the Akai Professional MPC line. We’ve created machines that have spawned new genres and advanced existing ones. Countless instruments have attempted to replicate the design, workflow and celebrated swing of the Music Production Center. In short, the MPC is a legend maker.
In creating the new MPC X, we’ve learned lessons from every MPC that preceded it to engineer a production centerpiece truly fit to be the Music Production Center of the future.
- Type:Standalone MPC system and MIDI controller
- Screen:10.1" full color multi-touch
- Pads:16 x velocity/pressure-sensitive RGB pads
- Sounds:10GB pre-installed sounds
- Analog Inputs:2 x XLR-1/4" combo, 2 x 1/4", 1 x stereo RCA (phono/line)
- Analog Outputs:2 x 1/4" (main out), 6 x 1/4"
- MIDI I/O:2 x In, 4 x Out, USB
- Other I/O:8 x 1/8" (CV/Gate)
- USB:2 x 3.0 Type A, 1 x 3.0 Type B
- Additional Media Storage:2.5" SATA drive connector, SD card slot, USB port
- Software:MPC 2.0 software
- OS Requirements - Mac:OS X 10.10.5 or later
- OS Requirements - PC:Windows 8.1 or later
- Height:3.4", 8.4" (display upright)