Shure BETA 87A Supercardioid Vocal Microphone
Hurry up! Sales Ends In
Vocal microphone that adds some studio-grade clarity to the live mix.
Designed to capture brighter vocals with sparkling accuracy, the BETA® 87A brings more crisp to the concert. And the increased presence will have everyone singing your praises.
- Supercardioid polar pattern remains uniform throughout the frequency range allowing higher gain before feedback and reduced background noise pickup.
- Wide dynamic range (113 dB) and low distortion characteristics.
- Phantom powered, accepts voltages from 11 to 52 volts.
- Smooth frequency response from 50 Hz to 18 kHz with a gradual presence rise and minimal off-axis coloration.
- Low susceptibility to RFI, electrostatic and electro-magnetic hum.
- Advanced cartridge shockmount system reduces handling noise
The Shure BETA 87A is a premium-quality supercardioid handheld electret condenser vocal microphone with exceptionally smooth frequency response and high sound pressure level (SPL) capability. Used for professional sound reinforcement, broadcasting, and studio recording applications, the BETA 87A combines superb performance with the ruggedness needed for touring and field production.
The BETA 87A features a controlled low-frequency roll-off that compensates for proximity effect and prevents the "boomy" sound often associated with close pick-up. The characteristic Shure presence rise brightens the upper midrange. The tight supercardioid pattern, with null points at approximately 125 degrees, provides maximum isolation from other vocalists or instruments while offering minimal off-axis coloration. The BETA 87A operates on phantom power.
How it works
One of the world’s best-selling, single-element, condenser mic, the BETA 87A puts singers on a pedestal. Tailored frequency response concentrates on the upper midrange to raise vocal presence in the mix. So voices cut through clearly and resonate deeply with your audience
Set your singing apart
The supercardioid pattern provides maximum isolation of your voice, giving you the chance to shine.
Get right up on the mic without overwhelming the sound. Electronically controlled low-end roll-off keeps your bass from blasting over the mix