Big sound. Full sound. Sophisticated sound. Is your mic living up to the power of your vocal?
For decades, the BETA® 58A has been through the ringer, pushing voice to the forefront on the biggest stages in the world. For sound that commands the attention of the entire crowd, this is your microphone.
- Supercardioid Polar Pattern
- Dynamic Element with Neodymium Magnet
- High-Output Electronics
- 50 Hz to 16 kHz Frequency Response
The Shure Beta 58A is a handheld supercardioid dynamic microphone offering enhanced midrange and controlled proximity effect for optimal reproduction of vocals, speech, and instruments in concerts, public address, houses of worship, and live stage applications. Its dynamic capsule utilizes a neodymium magnet for high signal-to-noise levels and is shock-mounted to reduce handling noise. It requires no power source and delivers a frequency response of 50 Hz to 16 kHz with a gentle boost above 3 kHz.
The supercardioid polar pattern is maintained across the mic's frequency range, allowing it to consistently reject sound at its off-axis points and deliver high immunity to feedback. The XLR 3-pin output ensures compatibility with most microphone preamps, mixer inputs, and portable PA systems. The durable metal Beta 58A ships with a mic clip, threaded adapter, and storage bag
- Uniform supercardioid polar pattern delivers tight directionality, high gain before feedback, and enhanced rejection of off-axis sound at points 120 degrees to the rear of the mic
- Advanced pneumatic shock-mounted system effectively minimizes transmission of handling noise and stand-transferred vibrations
- Neodymium magnet for high signal-to-noise output
- Hardened steel mesh grille resists wear and abuse
- Minimally impacted by varying load impedance