Class-A Tube Microphone yielding warmth and transparency
- Tube Condenser Microphone
- Class-A Circuitry
- Cardioid, Omni-directional and Figure-8 Polar Patterns
- Wide Dynamic Range
RODE's K2 represents an excellent value in a tube microphone, combining incredibly low noise, low distortion and high SPL with the type of fantastic lush sound you'd expect from a high-end tube microphone.
The K2 Variable Pattern Dual 1.0" Condenser Valve Microphone from Rode delivers the sonic quality expected of a Class-A tube microphone. At the heart of the microphone is a hand-selected 6922 twin-triode valve. The valve provides warmth and detail while reproducing a flat, uncolored frequency response. The K2 boasts a dynamic range of 150 dB. This ensures detailed, accurate pick up of low signals and distortion free, transparent pick up of transients. An external power supply provides user access of up to 3 polar patterns. Cardioid, omnidirectional, and figure eight are all available and the patterns are user variable, allowing custom contouring of each pattern as needed.
Class-A Valve Circuitry
Variable Polar Patterns
Wide Dynamic Range
- Microphone Type:Tube Condenser
- Polar Pattern:Cardioid, Omni, Figure-8
- Diaphragm Size:1" (25.4mm)
- Frequency Response:20Hz-20kHz
- Max SPL:162dB
- Output Impedance:200 ohms
- Signal to Noise Ratio:81dB (A weighted)
- Self Noise:10dB (A weighted)
- Weight:1.8 lbs.
- Included Accessories:Shock Mount, Carry Case