SE X1 S LARGE-DIAPHRAGM CONDENSER MICROPHONE WITH SHOCK MOUNT AND OP FILTER
Meet the X1 S, the new gold standard in affordable condensers.
When sE introduced the X1 in 2010, it redefined the potential of an affordable hand-crafted condenser microphone.
With the highest dynamic range and SPL handling capabilities in its class, along with expanded features that dramatically increase its flexibility, the X1 S has been improved in every way – yet is even more affordable than the original.
CUSTOM-DESIGNED, HAND-CRAFTED CAPSULE
Just like its predecessor, the X1 S utilizes a hand-made condenser capsule, meticulously constructed and tuned in sE’s capsule room by technicians with decades of experience.
This results in a capsule built like the world’s finest musical instruments – and a capsule truly up to the challenge of recording them
Where the original X1 was powerful, the redesigned electronics of the X1 S take its performance to a whole new level, giving it the highest dynamic range in its class.
Its internal redesign also allows for improved sensitivity, dramatically increased SPL handling (up to 160dB!), and a huge reduction in self-noise.
TWO SWITCHABLE ATTENUATION LEVELS
The -10 dB and -20 dB pad switches provide extended dynamic range, enabling a wide range of applications and close-mic techniques for even the loudest instruments…think super-heavy electric guitars, fortissimo brass instruments, and heavy-footed kick drums.
TWO SWITCHABLE LOW-CUT FILTERS
Selectable at either 80Hz or 160Hz, these two filters help eliminate low-frequency rumble or footfall noise, as well as help compensate for excessive bass (proximity effect) with close-mic techniques.
ALL-METAL HOUSING AND PREMIUM FINISH
Unlike the cheaply constructed bodies of some other “entry-level” microphones, the X1 S’s all-metal chassis provides efficient rejection of any electrical interference and noise – and the high-quality finish ensures a great look for years to come.
The Isolation Pack is a great add-on for anyone looking to increase the versatility of their X1 Series or sE2200 Series mic.
The integrated quick-release mechanism at the base of the shock mount makes it easy to insert or remove a mic. No screws, no hassle, just one twist to secure or release.
Made from metal (rather than delicate fabric), the pop filter can be vertically positioned to accommodate any of the above mics, or completely removed from the shock mount if desired.
- Capsule Type: Hand-Crafted 1″ True Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency range: 20 Hz – 20 kHz
- Sensitivity: 30 mV/Pa (-30.5 dBV)
- Max SPL: 140 / 150 / 160 dB (0/10/20 dB pad) (0.5% THD @ 1kHz)
- Equivalent noise level: 9 dB(A)
- Dynamic range: 131 / 141 / 151 dB (0/10/20 dB Attentuation pad)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 85 dB
- Low-cut filter: 80 / 160 Hz, 6 dB/Oct, switchable
- Attenuation Pad: 10 / 20dB, switchable
- Powering: 48 Volts according to IEC 61938
- Electrical Impedance: 125 Ohms
- Recommended load impedance: >1k Ohms
- Current consumption: 6 mA
- Connectivity: 3-pin male XLR connector
- Dimensions: Diameter: 58mm (2.28 in), Length 169mm (6.65 in)
- Weight: 445 g (15.70 oz.)