Lightweight, ultracompact true wireless digital lavalier microphone system for iPhone & iPad
- For Journalists, Vloggers, YouTubers
- Omni Lavalier Mic & Built-In Omni Mic
- Ultracompact Clip-On Transmitter
- Ultracompact 2-Channel Plug-In Receiver
The Saramonic Blink 500 B3 is an incredibly compact, lightweight, and professional sounding wireless microphone systems for the Apple iPhone and iPad. The included clip-on transmitter is small enough to clip directly to your shirt collar, and the included RXDi MFi Certified Lighting dual-channel receiver is so lightweight and unobtrusive that it won't get in your way at all. It can easily be used on devices that are mounted in handheld gimbals, and the receiver is even capable of accepting the signal from two microphones if you add another Blink 500 TX transmitter (sold separately).
Simplify and expedite your entry into wireless audio with the Saramonic Blink 500 B3, an ultracompact and extraordinarily easy-to-use true wireless microphone system offering a cost-effective, all-inclusive solution for recording one subject to an iPhone or iPad equipped with a Lightning port.
- Lightweight, ultracompact housings
- Slim plug-in receiver won't interfere with the operation of a gimbal
- MFi-certified Apple Lightning male connector plugs directly into your device's Lightning port
- Works with iPhones and iPads equipped with Lightning ports
- Receiver requires no battery or charging
- Transmitter's intelligent LED indicators show power, audio level, low-battery level, and charging status
- Transmitter's internal 5-hour battery keeps you going on long shoots or multiple run-and-gun gigs in a day
- Power the transmitter or recharge its internal lithium-ion battery via a USB Type-C connection (charging cable included)
- Use up to two transmitters with each receiver
- Operate up to 18 systems simultaneously in the same environment
The Blink 500 B3 delivers considerably improved sound quality compared to the built-in mics on cameras and mobile devices while functioning as an ultracompact digital system that provides immediate out-of-the-box operability for anyone, making it ideal for video, podcast, and mobile journalism applications. Once it's plugged in and powered on, it's set and ready so your focus can stay on your content.
Equally straightforward and small, the Blink 500 B3 gives you everything necessary for recording crisp, clear speech in any location. You get a clip-on transmitter with a built-in microphone and a clip-on omni lavalier mic, a dual-channel receiver that plugs directly into your device, and the requisite charging cable for the transmitter. Whether you're a run-and-gun videographer, a YouTube content creator, or an avid vlogger, the Blink 500 B3 can get your wireless audio going in no time.
- For maximum visual discretion, use the Blink 500 TX as traditional bodypack transmitter with the supplied lavalier microphone. Just clip the omni lav mic to a collar or lapel, then plug it into the transmitter's 3.5mm input; the transmitter automatically switches to the external microphone so you don't have to bother selecting the input source.
- The lavalier mic includes a foam windscreen that lessens noise caused by light wind, breaths, and air conditioning systems. For enhanced reduction of stronger wind noise, a separately available furry windshield (a.k.a. windjammer) such as the Saramonic LM-WS can be fitted to the microphone.
- Whereas typical analog wireless systems are susceptible to interference from TV and radio waves, the Blink 500 digital system avoids that by operating in the 2.4 GHz band, which occupies frequencies beyond those of television, radio transmissions, and UHF wireless microphone systems.
- Within the 2.4 GHz spectrum, the Blink 500 boasts automatic channel hopping to mitigate noise and dropouts at a line-of-sight distance of up to 164 feet. For optimal performance, environments with limited Wi-Fi / 2.4 GHz traffic and minimal physical obstructions are recommended.
One of the tricky aspects of capturing sound for video is controlling the audio levels. Some people speak very loudly, while others speak very softly. That's why Blink 500 transmitters have easy-to-use gain buttons to raise or lower the levels at the touch of a button, and an intelligent LED display shows you where they're set. The transmitter's internal Lithium battery gets 5 hours of life from a charge with the included charging cables, and the USB-C port can be used to power or recharge the transmitter in the field with portable USB battery packs. The 10-milliwatt power of the transmitter gives you an impressive range of 98 feet (30 meters) with obstacles, and 164 feet (50 meters) in open spaces
- Blink 500 systems utilize 24-bit / 48 kHz resolution—the same audio standard used worldwide by sound engineers in the film industry—to give you quality sound at a budget-friendly price point.
- Compared to the built-in microphones on cameras and mobile devices, Blink 500 systems offer considerably improved fidelity and clarity with less noise.
- Since your subjects may speak at very different volumes, Saramonic outfitted the Blink 500 TX with dedicated gain buttons to allow quick and effortless adjustment of the signal level. You can even turn the volume all the way down to effectively mute the transmitter.
- By connecting directly to your device's Lightning port, the Blink 500 RXDi avoids unnecessary D/A and A/D conversion to maintain the integrity of the digital signal from your transmitter all the way to your recording device.
In the box:
- 1 x Blink 500 TX Transmitter with Built-In Microphone and Clip
- 1 x Blink 500 RX Receiver with Built-In Clip and Camera Shoe-Mount
- 1 x SR-M1 Omnidirectional Lavalier Microphone
- 1 x Alligator-Style Lavalier Microphone Clip
- 1 x Foam Lavalier Windscreen
- 1 x 1’ (30.5 cm) Gold-Plated 3.5mm TRS to TRS Output Cable for Cameras
- 1 x 1’ (30.5 cm) Gold-Plated 3.5mm TRRS to TRRS Output Cable for Smartphones and Tablets
- 2 x 1’ (30.5 cm) Gold-Plated USB-C to USB-A Charging Cables
- 1 x Pairing Pin