High SPL handling condenser microphone - Ideal for project/home-studio applications
- Side-Address Studio Condenser
- Cardioid Pattern Rejects Off-Axis Sound
- Superior Transient Response
- 144 dB SPL Handling
The AT2020 Cardioid Condenser Microphone from Audio-Technica is designed for vocal and general instrument capturing in project and professional studio environments. The capsule features a low-mass, side-address diaphragm with a cardioid polar pattern for rejecting ambiance and noise at the off-axis sections of the microphone capsule. A linear frequency response of 20 Hz to 20 kHz enables the flexibility to accurately reproduce signals from a wide variety of sources. High SPL handling and wide dynamic range allow the AT2020 to capture loud signals with minimal noise and distortion. The microphone includes a pivoting, threaded stand mount for accurate positioning.
Despite its low price, the Audio Technica AT2020 delivers a very mature and believable sound on both vocals and instruments. Audio-Technica’s stringent quality and consistency standards set the AT2020 apart from other microphones in its class; its low-mass, 16mm diaphragm is custom-engineered for extended frequency response and superior transient response. The AT2020 offers a full 20Hz-20 kHz bandwidth.
The AT2020 is also ideal for podcasting and voiceovers, and its sleek and stylish build make it a desirable piece of gear for you home studio. The Audio-Technica AT2020 sets a new standard for affordable side-address studio condensers.
- The price/performance standard in side-address studio condenser microphone technology
- Ideal for project/home-studio applications
- High SPL handling and wide dynamic range provide unmatched versatility
- Custom-engineered low-mass diaphragm provides extended frequency response and superior transient response
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of sounds from the sides and rear, improving isolation of desired sound source
- Pivoting, threaded stand mount attaches securely for easy and precise placement of the microphone
- Stand mount for 5/8 inch-27 threaded stands; 5/8 inch-27 to 3/8 inch-16 threaded adapter and soft protective pouch included with this microphone
- Element: Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20 - 20,000 Hz
- Open Circuit Sensitivity: -37 dB (14.1 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
- Impedance: 100 ohms
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 144 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 74 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
- Dynamic Range (Typical): 124 dB, 1 kHz at Max. SPL
- Phantom Power Requirements: 48V DC, 2 mA typical
- Noise: 20 dB SPL
- Weight: 12.1 oz (345 g)
- Output Connector: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
- Accessories Furnished: Stand mount for 5/8 inch-27 threaded stands; 5/8 inch-27 to 3/8 inch-16 threaded adapter; soft protective pouch